Ep. 308 Navigating Through Some ESG Challenges: Materiality, Biodiversity, and Communication.
Todd Cort is a Senior Lecturer in Sustainability at Yale School of Management. He is also the co-faculty director of the Yale Center for Business and the Environment.
I visited Yale School of Management to talk with Todd Cort about some ESG (environmental, social, and governance) challenges like Materiality, Biodiversity, and Communication.
ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) refers to the criteria that investors use to assess risks and opportunities relating to a company’s environmental impact, social responsibility, and corporate governance.
Some of the points we addressed in the conversation were:
- What kind of challenges and opportunities are currently facing these metrics
- How can materiality assessment help organizations in their ESG/Sustainability strategies?
- What commitments to protect biodiversity and nature should organizations opt for?
- How should organizations communicate their ESG and Sustainability strategies effectively?
- Role of the Consumers in Sustainability
Contact Todd Cort on LinkedIn and visit Yale Center for Business and the Environment